Workshop/Office Cleaner and General Maintenance
Are you . . .
- Somebody who likes to be kept busy?
- Someone who prefers hands on work?
- A person who likes to see a job well done and through to the end?
- A self motivator with an enthusiastic attitude?
- Able to drive and hold a full, UK driving licence?
This might be the ideal role for you!
What Will You Be Doing?
Main duties for this role will include:
- Clean receptions and service, sales, parts and general office areas to a high standard.
- Clean toilets, washrooms and showers to a high standard – service, parts and main office.
- Clean canteens and offices to a high standard.
- Clean workshops and site to a high standard.
- Maintain the yard including weeding and housekeeping etc.
- To assist in general workshop duties and ensure that housekeeping is kept to a high standard and the disposal of waste is in accordance with our Environmental Policy.
- Valet vehicles to a high standard.
- Handyman duties including repairs, maintenance and decoration.
- To use all company equipment in a safe and careful manner, ensuring the security of vehicles and company property at all times.
- To be an active member of the Branch Team by supporting colleagues where needed.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To maintain a clean professional presentable image whilst representing the company whilst on customers premises and in the work environment and wear any protective clothing provided.
- To bring to the attention of your supervisor breaches of Health & Safety policy and poor housekeeping in the workplace.
This position has all the above responsibilities for both our Huddersfield and Bradford dealership.
Who Are We Looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a full, UK driving licence.
- Be reliable and flexible.
- Capable of cleaning Workshops, Pits, Tool stores, amenities etc.
- Be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision.
- Be organised and thorough.
- Take pride in their work and work to consistently high standards.
Previous Dealership experience is a distinct advantage.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.