Workshop Supervisor Technician - Nights
Do you have:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair)?
- Previous workshop experience, including mentoring staff?
- Tachograph and IRTEC Experience (desirable)
Are you looking for a new challenge with a highly successful HGV and Commercial Vehicle Group where your contribution is recognised?
If you can answer YES, then you may be the person we are looking for!
What Will You Be Doing?
You will spend most of your time in our Workshop maintaining Commercial vehicles to the high standards, carrying out inspections, repairs and services as well as carrying out roadside repairs to recover vehicles. You will be responsible for a team of technicians, supporting and guiding them in the duties, and mentoring some less experienced technicians through their learning.
Analysis and diagnostics vehicles are also a critical part of this role to ensure we exceed our Customers’ expectations.
Who Are We Looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years post apprentice experience with a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Repair) with a proven track record in vehicle repair and servicing
- The ability to work as part of a team, take charge, make decisions and to deliver instructions and feedback
- Must be fully conversant with current DVSA HGV Testers.
- Must have a reasonable understanding of electrical systems and components and diagnostics.
- A full valid UK driving license, A HGV Licence would be beneficial
Previous supervisory experience, working within a main dealer / retail workshop would be a distinct advantage.
What’s In It For You?
When you join Motus Commercials, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 30 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, on-line and in supermarkets
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team.
Who Are We?
Motus Commercials, formerly known as Imperial Commercials, is the largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group in the UK, with 30 locations, and the largest DAF trucks dealer group in the world, with the number of DAF/TRP sites totalling 29. We have 14 ATF sites that are able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles.
Motus Commercials is a division of Motus Group (UK) Ltd., itself part of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 18,300 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Ltd. manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 119 vehicle franchise outlets at 72 locations: truck and van operations number 88 franchise outlets; passenger vehicles, 31 franchise outlets. The business additionally operates two specialist commercial vehicle body shops and has further interests in parts and service facilities and commercial vehicle equipment supply.
Motus Group (UK) Ltd. operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its operations.