VW Commercial Vehicle Technician
Motus Commercials are looking out for a dedicated and knowledgeable Commercial Vehicle Technician to work from our approved Volkswagen Commercial dealership workshop based in Stoke, Staffordshire, just off the A53 and only 7 miles from the M6.
Do you have:
- A minimum Level 3 City & Guilds / NVQ in Vehicle Repair?
- A full UK Driving Licence?
If you can answer YES, then you may be the person we are looking for!
You can also Text MOTUS VW to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Stoke on Trent dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials are looking out for a dedicated and knowledgeable Commercial Vehicle Technician to work from our approved Volkswagen Commercial dealership workshop based in Stoke on Trent.
As our LCV Technician at Motus Commercials you will spend most of your time in our approved Volkswagen Commercial dealership workshop maintaining vehicles, carrying out inspections, repairs and services whilst liaising with Service Advisors and our Customers. Analysis, diagnostics and road testing vehicles are also a critical part of this role to ensure we exceed our Customers’ expectations.
We need a reliable LCV Technician who can provide our customers with everything that they need to ensure their commercial vehicle can stay on the road and achieve the best performance. The role will be varied from working on routine regular service to repairs. We require you to perform in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, with the ability to diagnose fault with the minimum supervision.
Main duties to include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
This role includes a bonus for efficiency and productivity - If you strive to continuously improve your own personal development and are willing to share best practice and knowledge with others for the overall teams success then we want to hear from you.
Who Are We Looking for?
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance. Due to company growth we now need another LCV Technician colleague who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally and nationally with the minimum supervision for our ongoing success.
Motus Commercials Stoke-on-Trent is an approved Volkswagen dealership we require a NVQ LEVEL 3 qualified Vehicle Technician to join our friendly team.
To be successful we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- MOTOR TRADE EXPERIENCE
The following are preferred but not essential
- MAIN DEALER EXPERIENCE
- MOT TESTER
- VW GROUP TRAINED
- LCV EXPERIENCE
We cover Stoke and the surrounding area, including Stafford, Leek, Market Drayton, Crewe, Nantwich, Newport, Sandbach and Cheadle so having good geographical knowledge of the local area would be an advantage.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.