DAF HGV Technician
Are you a HGV Technician looking for a better Work/Life Balance?
If so do you like that on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern which includes working Sundays and Bank Holidays, possibly not?
That is why we decided on a 4 on 4 off shift that does not include the need for working Sundays or Bank Holidays.
Also, if you have the ambition we will support and develop you to DAF Master Technician level and, if not, we will train you to the highest level you want to be including a HGV Licence.
If this sounds appealing and you consider yourself to have the skills or commitment needed to work for the largest Commercial Dealer in the country - Don't delay, APPLY TODAY!
What Will You Be Doing?
As a HGV technician with Motus Commercials - DAF Dealership in Grimsby main accountabilities will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, including the ability to diagnose fault with the minimum supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- Examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- Interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- Carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- Draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- Protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- Report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- Seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- Ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
Please note: This role will include participating in the DAFaid breakdown standby rota for Saturdays. If preferred we can accommodate standard 5 day working week on a 6-14.30 and 14.00-22.30 shift pattern.
Who Are We Looking for?
The ideal HGV technician candidate with Motus Commercials - DAF Dealership in Grimsby will:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in HGV/ LCV Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Be willing to attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
The following experience would be an advantage for this role however, not essential:
- A HGV licence
- IRTEC certified
- Forklift Licence
- ADR Licence
- Good diagnostic skills
- Main dealer experience
What’s In It For You?
When you join Motus Commercials, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 22 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
- Life Assurance
- Family friendly Rotating 4 on 4 off shift pattern (excluding Sunday and Bank Holidays)
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team through our People Partnership.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 Dealer Locations across the United Kingdom including 4 Bodyshop’s and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe with 30 franchise Locations. We have 14 ATF sites, able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on Commercial Vehicles.
Our Manufacturer partners are: DAF TRUCKS, ISUZU TRUCKS, RENAULT TRUCKS, VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, FORD, FIAT PROFESSIONAL and ISUZU PICK-UPS.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of Service and Parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and Fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial Apprenticeship Programme which currently has over 100 apprentices in training.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Ltd., is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Ltd manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Ltd operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Ltd consists of 4 operating divisions which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks and we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.