DAF Workshop Manager
Are you a qualified HGV Technician who is looking for career progression?
We are looking to recruit a Workshop Manager who can join our Motus Commercials DAF Dealership in Huddersfield and embrace our company values.
We are looking for someone who
- ideally holds previous main dealer experience
- has had supervisory exposure
- ADP Kerridge knowledge
You will assist the General Service Manager in the day to day running of the Workshop; to manage staff accordingly and deal with customer disputes, issues and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
If you feel that you meet this criteria please continue reading and apply today.
You can also Text MOTUS HUD to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Huddersfield dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
As Workshop Manager you will be required to monitor activity levels of productive staff in job times and productivity and quality of work, to ensure the appropriate levels of work are planned and booked on a weekly daily basis. Drive and deliver high levels of customer service, quality of workmanship, workshop utilisation, technician productivity, service profitability, compliance with HSEQ and franchise standards and upper quartile performance against franchise targets and objectives.
Control daily work programme to maximise workshop capabilities and ensure the workshop utilisation figures are being achieved through managing and liaising with the Service Reception staff of work requirements.
- To manage and support staff in all areas of the Service Department.
- Encourage, maintain and develop the Motus/DAF service ethos at all times.
- Ensure Workshop responsibilities and duties are fully carried out through personal leadership, contact and liaising with Shift Leaders.
- Ensure good levels of communication between customers and Service Reception staff, on order numbers, additional costs, and work in progress and job completion.
- Achieve satisfactory output per person/hour and best utilisation of workshop staff hours, working in conjunction with the Shift Leaders.
- Ensure company standards are maintained in the Workshop and Policy and Procedures are applied.
- Ensure quality checks are carried out regularly, so no vehicles leave the workshop with any PG9 or dangerous defects. Achieve a first time MOT pass rate of over 97.5%.
- Implement arrangements for emergency breakdown cover at all times and achieve upper quartile DAFaid performance.
- Ensure compliance with franchise standards and aim to achieve the maximum score on the Dealer Target Programme or other future programme(s).
- Maintain good customer relations and deal constructively with all matters including complaints and product issues within the areas of your authority and responsibility.
- Ensure all the necessary and relevant information is on the job card and services sheets on the completion of jobs and they are legible for costing. Ensure technician write up justifies the time booked and the time is billable.
- Ensure productivity, recovery rate, labour margin, sublet, ATF, consumable recovery etc. objectives are achieve or exceeded.
- It is your responsibility and that of the Shift Leaders through your Leadership to ensure the yard and workshop housekeeping are kept to a high standard via periodic inspections and parking of vehicles is to a standard to minimise any safety risk and damage to vehicles.
- Ensure any Company Vehicles in the Service Department are both serviced and roadworthy at all times and to a standard that represents the Company image.
- Keep up to date with all manufacturers’ bulletins and information; ensure that any of the information in these is passed on to the relevant staff in a timely fashion.
- Deal fairly and constructively with all staff issues and advise the General Service Manager of any issues or problems if they are out with your remit.
- Ensure the levels of communication are of the highest standards both written and orally, especially in handover procedures and daily work practices.
- Observe, apply and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the Service Manager any breaches of this policy.
- ISO 9001, 14001 etc. compliance
Who Are We Looking for?
Motus Commercials DAF Dealership in Huddersfield are seeking an experience commercial vehicle time served technician to progress into Workshop Manager role.
You will require strong leadership and man-management skills in conjunction with the ability to organise and keep back office administration up to date. This will include attention to customer experience both face to face, telephone and emails. You will need to be personable and and confident to forge strong working relationships with all stakeholders with motivation and drive to meet performance targets.
We are looking for a Workshop Manager from the West Yorkshire area who can embrace our company values here at Motus Commercials ideally with previous main dealer experience, supervisory exposure and ADP Kerridge knowledge.
This role is 46.67 hours a week, you will need to be flexible and agree to Saturday AM working rota (minimum 17 occasions per year)
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.