Motus Commercials proudly present a new opportunity for a new Workshop Supervisor to join our friendly team based in Gloucester. You will report into the Service Manager and be required to lead and effectively drive workshop performance.
If you have an eye for detail, understanding of our DAF Truck Commercial Vehicle customers needs and strive for the highest possible satisfaction levels whilst delivering benchmark productivity, utilisation and returns for the Group then we want to hear from you!
You can also text Motus Glo to 66777 to apply
What Will You Be Doing?
This new colleague appointed into this role of Workshop Supervisorr with Motus Commercials in Gloucester will be responsible for the daily planning and distribution of work to the technician team maximising quality of work and overall efficiencies. You will be reporting directly into the Service Manager.
The role of Workshop Controller demands an understanding of prioritisation. Motivational leadership and the ability to influence the staff within the function is a critical part of the role as is managing the ‘triage’ function so that no customer in distress has to wait longer than 30 minutes before an initial assessment has been made.
The role will be varied including including:
- Colleague and Customer satisfaction.
- Instilling a high performance culture supported with development plans for the departments population, aligned with the Groups values.
- Maximised workshop loading with leading utilisation, efficiency and productivity metrics.
- Ensuring the quality of job packs and information flow is consistent, comprehensive, clear and transparent, fully enabling the Service Administration teams to achieve and stretch monthly plans.
- MOT first time pas rates > 98%
- Upper quartile positions in all Manufacturer league tables, initiatives and benchmarks.
- Daily invoicing and ‘time to bill’ statistics are upper quartile meeting DAF standards.
- Addressing underperforming areas, understanding what needs to change and implementing change.
- Ensuring the environment including facilities are representative of the Brand and comply with all Health & Safety legislation.
Who Are We Looking for?
Motus Commercials are looking for a Workshop Controller who has good experience of UK HGV Market in particularly DAF dealer experience. To be successful in the role you must have clear communication skills and be confident on the computer skill.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you have the required Technical Knowledge and previous supervisory experience. You will be working within a busy workshop and will need to have a flexible attitude to meet job demands and the ability to problem solve.
At Motus Commercials we expect good housekeeping standards within our Dealership site and for colleagues to build a professional and friendly customer rapport.
You must have a flexible attitude to meet job demands
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.