DAF Parts Apprentice
At Motus Commercials we are offering the opportunity for an Aspiring Parts Advisor to join our friendly team on an Apprenticeship based in Cumbernauld
We are the largest approved DAF truck dealership in the UK and Europe who believe that people are our most important asset and keen to give back through investment of personal development and internal training.
You can also Text Apprentice to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Cumbernauld dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
To be a Motus Commercials Parts Advisor Apprentice in Cumbernauld, You need to be willing to learn how to source, locate parts and identify parts from the electronic catalogues.
You will then be required to properly and carefully label and package parts that are to be returned for warranty or to the manufacturer or supplier for surcharge credits, including identifying part numbers and providing a consistently high standard of customer service to all of our customers both internal and external.
- To undertake hands on training within the Parts Department by taking instruction from your nominated mentor.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction and achieve the correct pass mark for each course.
- To abide by the rules and regulation of the Company.
- To obey the instructions issued by the Company or it’s authorised representatives.
- To work to the best of his/her ability at all times.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the parts department.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- Not to be absent form work or from educational instruction without permission except in unavoidable circumstance, for example, personal illness. You must make contact with your Manager/Supervisor on the first day of your absence to report this.
Who Are We Looking for?
As a Parts Advisor Apprentice with the Motus Commercials, in Cumbernauld you will need to:
- Be driven by your own initiative & an excellent communicator with the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Must have good IT skills
- Self motivated with the ambition to succeed.
- Have a keen interest in the Industry and be able to follow instructions
- Be enthusiastic, committed, and confident with an analytical and methodical way of thinking
- Be highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- a minimum grade C / 4 in English and Maths and preferably in a Science based subject but this is not essential.
A full UK driving licence would be desirable, but not essential.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.