DAF HGV Technician
Are you looking for a new challenge with a highly successful HGV and Commercial Vehicle Group where your contribution is recognised?
Do you have:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair)?
- Previous workshop experience?
- A desire to develop?
If you can answer YES, then you may be the person we are looking for to join the team at Motus Commercials DAF Truck Dealership in Gloucester!
You can also Text MOTUS GLO to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Gloucester dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
The daily tasks for the successful HGV Technician candidate Motus Commercials DAF Truck Dealership in Gloucester will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnostic work, repairs & maintenance to customers vehicles in line with manufacturers & department of transport guidelines, to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all documentation is accurately and correctly completed inline with company and customers expectations & requirements.
- When required, to attend & complete correct fault diagnosis & work at roadside breakdowns or customer call out’s.
- Ensuring that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean, safe & complete condition.
Who Are We Looking for?
The ideal HGV Technician candidate will be flexible, reliable and able to demonstrate:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Have a desire to develop their knowledge and skills
- Be aware of the importance of Health and Safety compliance.
A HGV licence would be an advantage for this role however, not essential.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
With a network of 30 Dealer Locations across the United Kingdom we are also the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe with 27 DAF Trucks/TRP Locations. We have 14 ATF sites, able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on Commercial Vehicles.
Our Manufacturer partners are: DAF TRUCKS, ISUZU TRUCKS, RENAULT TRUCKS, VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, FORD, FIAT PROFESSIONAL and ISUZU PICK-UPS.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of Service and Parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and Fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for both sales and technical colleagues including a substantial Apprenticeship Programme which currently has over 60 apprentices in training.
Motus Commercials is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd., itself part of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 18,300 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 112 vehicle franchise outlets at 68 locations: truck and van operations number 84 franchise outlets; passenger vehicles, 28 franchise outlets. The business additionally operates two specialist commercial vehicle body shops and has further interests in parts and service facilities and commercial vehicle equipment supply.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks and we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.