DAF HGV Technician
New opportunity to become part of our MOTUS Team as HGV Technician at our DAF Truck Dealership located South West England on Faraday Road in Swindon, easily accessed from the M4 less than 3 miles away.
If you strive to continuously improve your own personal development and are willing to share best practice and knowledge with others then we want to hear from you.
You can also Text MOTUS SWI to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Swindon dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Truck dealership located in Swindon. As our new HGV Technician colleague you will join Our friendly team on rotating shifts within our 24 hour approved DAF dealership workshop working:
- Week 1 Mon - Fri 06:00 - 15:30 + Sat 06:00 - 12:00
- Week 2 Mon - Fri 06:00 - 15:30
We require an experienced HGV Technician who can ensure our Customer vehicles are back on road within the shortest time possible. As HGV Technician you will be required to service, adjust and repair vehicles or components using the tools in safe and proper way, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard.
Main duties will are:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
Who Are We Looking for?
Motus Commercials approved DAF Truck dealership located in Swindon are looking for a new colleague who can demonstrate the following:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair)
- A proven track record in vehicle repair and servicing Truck, Trailer, Van and ancillary equipment within a Dealership.
- Experience in the use of computer Diagnostic equipment.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
A HGV licence and DAF Truck Dealership experience would be an advantage in this role.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.