DAF HGV Shift Leader Technician
Motus Commercials in Grimsby have a vacancy for a DAF HGV Shift Leader Technician to join the team. If this sounds appealing and you consider yourself to have the skills or commitment needed to work for the largest Commercial Dealer in the country - Don't delay, APPLY TODAY!
You can also Text MOTUS GRI to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Grimsby dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
As DAF HGV Shift Leader Technician at Motus Commercials DAF in Grimsby you will be required to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, including the ability to diagnose faults with the minimum supervision. The purpose of our DAF HGV Shift Leader Technician colleague is to motivate, lead and supervise a team of Technicians whilst assisting and deputising for the Workshop Controller to ensure that customer’s vehicles are completed on time in order that vehicles are completed correctly within determined times for jobs.
Main duties will include:
- To examine vehicles and components and report orally or in writing on the condition/defects that impact on safety and reliability.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability, and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law.
- To bring to the Workshop Controller or Service Manager’s attention any faults noticed in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To ensure complete return of job cards on completion, to ensure that job times are met and job write-ups reflect accurately what has been done.
- To ensure all Technicians follow Manufacture guidelines and policies for Roadside and Dealer Standards; completing all relevant paperwork both electronic and hard copies ensuring it is second authorised where applicable.
- To attend recognised course of instruction as and when required, whilst providing guidance and promoting self-development amongst colleagues/team members and assisting in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To protect vehicles against damage and ensure a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and to observe and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the workshop manager any breaches of this policy.
- To evaluate performance when all mechanical components can be stripped and re-assembled efficiently.
- To evaluate performance when faults can be diagnosed, remedied and job instructions carried out.
- To evaluate performance when requisitions for parts can be accurately completed and obtained so that wasted time is avoided as far as possible within the workshop system.
- To evaluate performance when the jobs are tackled with the common sense and initiative expected from a skilled technician.
- To evaluate performance to maintain a current driving license for the class of vehicle being serviced or repaired.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
Observe, apply and comply with the Group Health, Safety and Environment Policy at all times. You have a duty of care to yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omission, therefore ensure you work in a safe and responsible manner at all times following any guidance the company have given you E.G Method Statements, Toolbox talks.
To participate in Company health and safety training and development programmes and to ensure Company policies are implemented/followed on all occasions.
Who Are We Looking for?
The ideal HGV Shift Leader Technician candidate with Motus Commercials - DAF Dealership in Grimsby will be ambitious to develop a longstanding career in Service Management:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in HGV/ LCV Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Be willing to attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
The following experience would be an advantage for this role however, not essential:
- A HGV licence (class 1)
- IRTEC certified
- Forklift Licence
- ADR Licence
- Good diagnostic skills
- Main dealer experience
You will need to be flexible and agree to be part of the DAFaid breakdown standby rota.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.