Apprentice Service Advisor
Motus Commercials have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Service Advisor to join our friendly Service Department team based at our Nottingham depot
As part of your duties you will be required to provide administration support including:
- retail invoicing using the dealerships management system.
- Supporting service reception
- Promptly and efficiently responding to customers enquires both at the reception desk and by telephone in a professional and fair manner.
If you strive to continuously improve your own personal development and are willing to share best practice and knowledge with others for the overall teams success then we want to hear from you.
You can also Text Apprentice to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Nottingham dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
At Motus Commercials we understand our apprentices are a huge asset to our business. Our goals are to provide strong, consistent and thorough training opportunities with long term career prospects, to secure the next generation of automotive industry experts.
As Apprentice Service Advisor in Nottingham you will be required to accurately record information onto the Kerridge system, ensuring that invoicing opportunities are maximised and month-end deadlines and targets are met.
Main duties will include:
- Through daily invoicing, ensure profit opportunities are maximised and target month end WIP levels are achieved.
- Maximise gross profit retention and hours billed.
- To analyse sublet invoices, request orders numbers and recharge customers as appropriate.
- To ensure the daily maintenance of department’s paper flow and traceability of documents and data.
- To be an active member of the Service Team by supporting colleagues by answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries and typing/filing correspondence.
- Support and assistance in resolving invoice disputes.
- Timely and accurate completion of administration tasks set by your Manager and determined by the manufacturer or customers’ requirements.
- Develop good franchise and customer relationships.
- Work on and preventing of aged debtor situations.
- To liaise with customers both face-to-face and by telephone, understand their requirements, interpret them and advise if and when we are capable of satisfying them.
- Book in work load within our capability to manage.
- Keep customers up to date with the status of their vehicles and any further actions or costs required; gaining authority where necessary.
- Housekeeping of the Service Reception area.
- To adhere to Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring company processes and policies are adhered to at all times.
At Motus Commercials we strive to provide notable training and development in order to encourage and support vibrant young people into the automotive trade. Our local and national award winning apprenticeship programmes offer industry leading training supported by experts through our training providers and partner colleges, a practical learning experience in one of our dealerships, ongoing mentoring & personal support and ongoing encouragement from the whole business to help our young people reach their potential within their apprenticeship journey and beyond.
Training continues for all our employees, with personal aspirations supported with life-long learning opportunities through our Motus People Partnership - It’s no wonder we are one of the UK Top 100 Apprentice Employers, Winner of the 2020 National Apprenticeship Awards ‘East Midlands Large Employer of the Year’ and current holders of the Princess Royal Training Award for our exceptional commitment to training.
Who Are We Looking for?
As a business Motus Commercials love to recognise and celebrate excellent performance. Motus Commercials Nottingham is an approved DAF dealership and due to company growth now require an Apprentice Service Administrator/Advisor colleague to join our friendly team .
We are looking for someone who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally and nationally as part of ongoing company success.
To be successful we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Computer literate - basic computer skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to question
- Problem solve
Please note that successful Apprentice Service Advisor must be flexible with working hours during month end.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of sales, service and parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial apprenticeship programme, which currently has over 100 apprentices in training. We also offer pathways with manufacturer specific recognised training/qualifications for both HGV and LCV colleagues, offering further development during their career with us.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Limited, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Limited manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Limited operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Limited consists of 4 operating divisions, which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The Company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across all its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks; we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.