Apprentice VW LCV Technician
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Colleague to join the friendly team to become a Vehicle Technician with us at Motus Commercials Volkswagen Dealership in Stoke on Trent.
- Are you an aspiring mechanic with a hands on approach to learning how things work?
- Do you have a logical mind, someone who can see a process - take it apart and reassemble things?
- Do you look for ways to continually improve through personal development and embarking on training?
If the answer is yes then we would love to invest in your future, empower you with the opportunity to meet your full potential up to master technician and beyond should you APPLY today!
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials in Stoke on Trent is an approved Volkswagen Dealership.
Motus Commercials are hiring a new Apprentice LCV Technician who can learn how to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner through the supervision of a fully qualified Technician based in Stoke on Trent.
To observe and understand how to be able to diagnose a fault.
- To undertake hands on training within the Service Department by taking instruction from your nominated mentor.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction and achieve the correct pass mark for each course.
- To abide by the rules and regulation of the Company.
- To obey the instructions issued by the Company or it’s authorised representatives.
- To work to the best of his/her ability at all times.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the workshop.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- Not to be absent form work or from educational instruction without permission except in unavoidable circumstance, for example, personal illness. You must make contact with your Manager/Supervisor on the first day of your absence to report this.
Who Are We Looking for?
Motus Commercials Stoke on Trent is an approved Volkswagen dealership.
We are looking an apprentice to join our friendly team who can demonstrate:
- A keen interest in motor vehicles and ability to follow instructions (work experience through school placement)
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and confidence
- An analytical and methodical way of thinking - previous interests in engineering, technology and diagnostics
- Being highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- that they are driven by own initiative
- An excellent communicator with the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Minimum grade C / 5 in English and Maths is preferred.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 dealer locations across the United Kingdom including 4 body-shops and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks dealer group in the UK and Europe, with 30 DAF franchise locations, 14 of which have ATF sites with the ability to carry out DVSA MOT’s on commercial vehicles, together with locations for our partnership with Renault Trucks, ISUZU Trucks and TRP Parts. Our LCV portfolio is ever expanding, with 19 dealer locations at present, offering sales and/or service opportunities for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford Transit Commercial Vehicles, Fiat Professional, ISUZU Pick-up and Best Van Deals Used Commercial Vehicles.
Our manufacturer partners are: DAF Trucks, Isuzu Trucks, Renault Trucks, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Ford, FIAT Professional and Isuzu Pick-Ups.
At Motus Commercials we understand our apprentices are a huge asset to our business. Our goals are to provide strong, consistent and thorough training opportunities with long term career prospects, to secure the next generation of automotive industry experts.
We employ over 1400 employees nationwide. As a business our vision is to be industry leaders, in the sale, service and maintenance of DAF Trucks; delivering high-quality customer service to our clients who have enabled DAF Trucks to become the market leading HGV manufacturer in the UK for the last 25 years. In addition, we strive to provide notable training and development in order to encourage and support vibrant young people into the automotive trade. Our local and national award winning apprenticeship programmes offer industry leading training supported by experts through our training providers and partner colleges, a practical learning experience in one of our 30+ dealerships, ongoing mentoring & personal support and ongoing encouragement from the whole business to help our young people reach their potential within their apprenticeship journey and beyond. Training continues for all our employees, with personal aspirations supported with life-long learning opportunities through our Motus People Partnership - It’s no wonder we are one of the UK Top 100 Apprentice Employers, Winner of the 2020 National Apprenticeship Awards ‘East Midlands Large Employer of the Year’ and current holders of the Princess Royal Training Award for our exceptional commitment to training.
Our apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities cover a wide range departments from HGV and LCV Technicians & Parts Advisors, to Service Advisors to Sales People, Administrators to Accountants, there’s something for everyone at Motus Commercials!