Apprentice LCV Technician
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who are looking to begin a career within the Service department at Motus Commercials.
Here, we believe in growing and developing our own talent and as an Imperial Apprentice you will be given full in-house and manufacturer training to enable you to become the best that you can be.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to pursue a career as a Vehicle Technician with a view to becoming a competent and fully trained Technician with an NVQ/City & Guilds Qualification.
What Will You Be Doing?
Over the next 3 years as you become a qualified Service Technician, you will:
- Learn to service vehicles – carrying out checks and maintaining vehicles according to the manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Learn to repair and replace faulty parts and components.
- Advise about required repairs to the service department and to customers.
- Produce time estimates for repairs and maintenance to be completed.
- Maintain repair and service records on the in-house computer system and for customers.
The Apprentice Programme will ensure that you are trained to learn how to undertake the repairs and servicing of motor vehicles; detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs; and ensure that all work is completed safely, complying with manufacturers’ and industry guidelines.
Who Are We Looking for?
As an Apprentice with Motus Commercials, you will need to:
- have a keen interest in motor vehicles and be able to follow instructions
- be enthusiastic, committed, and confident with an analytical and methodical way of thinking
- be highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- be driven by your own initiative & an excellent communicator with the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- a minimum grade C in English and Maths is preferred
Please note that all applicants will be required to take part in a screening telephone call, and, if successful, will be invited to our selection day, date TBC.
What’s In It For You?
When you join Motus Commercials, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, on-line and in supermarkets
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team.
Who Are We?
With a network of 30 Dealer Locations across the United Kingdom we are also the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe with 27 DAF Trucks/TRP Locations. We have 14 ATF sites, able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on Commercial Vehicles.
Our Manufacturer partners are: DAF TRUCKS, ISUZU TRUCKS, MAN TRUCKS, RENAULT TRUCKS, IVECO, VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, FORD, FIAT PROFESSIONAL, ISUZU PICK-UPS and LDV VANS.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of Service and Parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and Fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for both sales and technical colleagues including a substantial Apprenticeship Programme which currently has over 60 apprentices in training.
Motus Commercials is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd., itself part of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 18,300 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 112 vehicle franchise outlets at 68 locations: truck and van operations number 84 franchise outlets; passenger vehicles, 28 franchise outlets. The business additionally operates two specialist commercial vehicle body shops and has further interests in parts and service facilities and commercial vehicle equipment supply.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its operations.