Apprentice DAF HGV Technician
We are the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe and looking to recruit an Apprentice Colleague to join the friendly team in Derby to become a Heavy Vehicle Technician with us at Motus Commercials.
Are you an aspiring mechanic with a hands on approach to learning how things work?
- Possess an interest in the motor trade.
- Hold a desire to be a Technician.
Do you have a logical mind, someone who can see a process - take it apart and reassemble things?
- An interest in engineering, technology and diagnostics.
Do you look for ways to continually improve through personal development and embarking on training?
- Completed similar work experience through school placement.
If the answer is yes then we would love to invest in your future, empower you with the opportunity to meet your full potential up to master technician and beyond should you APPLY today!
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials are hiring a new Apprentice HGV Technician who can learn how to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner through the supervision of a fully qualified Technician based Derby.
To observe and understand how to be able to diagnose a fault.
- To undertake hands on training within the Service Department by taking instruction from your nominated mentor.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction and achieve the correct pass mark for each course.
- To abide by the rules and regulation of the Company.
- To obey the instructions issued by the Company or it’s authorised representatives.
- To work to the best of his/her ability at all times.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the workshop.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- Not to be absent form work or from educational instruction without permission except in unavoidable circumstance, for example, personal illness. You must make contact with your Manager/Supervisor on the first day of your absence to report this.
Who Are We Looking for?
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Trucks dealership we are located in Derby.
We are looking an apprentice to join our friendly team who can demonstrate:
- Educated to National 5 Level or equivalent
- Good communication skills.
- Basic IT knowledge
- Good people skills
We are looking for someone who can pull together to meet the needs of our Commercial Vehicle customers both locally, regionally and nationally as part of ongoing company success.
What’s In It For You?
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team through our People Partnership initiative.
Who Are We?
At Motus Commercials we strive to provide notable training and development in order to encourage and support vibrant young people into the automotive trade. Our local and national award winning apprenticeship programmes offer industry leading training supported by experts through our training providers and partner colleges, a practical learning experience in one of our dealerships, ongoing mentoring & personal support and ongoing encouragement from the whole business to help our young people reach their potential within their apprenticeship journey and beyond.
Training continues for all our employees, with personal aspirations supported with life-long learning opportunities through our Motus People Partnership - It’s no wonder we are one of the UK Top 100 Apprentice Employers, Winner of the 2020 National Apprenticeship Awards ‘East Midlands Large Employer of the Year’ and current holders of the Princess Royal Training Award for our exceptional commitment to training.