Motus Commercials are currently looking to recruit a Finance Professional to join our friendly team based in Avonmouth as a Accounts Assistant for us at our Commercial Vehicle Dealerships. We are performance driven for excellent service and our Accounts Assistant will need to ensure that all aspects of Accounting & reporting are undertaken in line with financial controls and policy manual.
If you are looking for a supportive employer:
- who truly believe that their workforce are the most important asset
- promote training and personal development
- share knowledge and strive to make a difference together
Then we want you to APPLY TODAY!
What Will You Be Doing?
As Accounts Assistant at Motus Commercials you will be based in Avonmouth - We are located off both the M4 and M5 motorways and a stones-throw away from the Severn crossing into Wales.
We live by the value that together we make a difference. So if successful you will be required to ensure good relationships with our Motus Commercials stakeholders are maintained at all times as ONE Motus Team understanding demands, needs and striving to continually improve.
Key duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Consolidation of weekly forecasts
- Daily reconciliation of the bank account
- Process PDQ, cash, cheque and direct debit receipts and chase sites for invoice allocation receipts
- Process warranty self billing (SBI) payments
- Code and authorise orders and invoices
- Process employee expense claim forms
- Monthly sustainability reporting
- Monthly VAT checks
- Prepare and post journals
- Prepare intercompany transfer documents (IDJVs)
- Assist other colleagues as necessary and carry out ad hoc tasks as required by the Dealership Accountant
- Ensure that our companies’ code of conduct for customers, suppliers and staff is adhered to at all times we maintain the company’s integrity and transparency policy.
- Observe, apply and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the Regional Director any breaches of this policy.
Who Are We Looking for?
We have a really friendly team ready to welcome our new Accounts Assistant at Motus Commercials in Avonmouth.
You will need to be able to demonstrate background knowledge and a thorough grasp of financial control systems and associated IT support services.
- Hold level 3 AAT Qualification or greater
- Critical thinker who is adaptable to change
- Able to prioritise workload and work upon own initiative as well as with the wider team
- Attention to detail & system skills (Automotive / Kerridge experience preferable, not essential)
If you believe you meet this criteria then we absolutely would love for you to reach out today and submit your job application.
What’s In It For You?
When you join Motus Commercials, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
- Life Assurance
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team through our People Partnership.
Who Are We?
We have a network of 32 Dealer Locations across the United Kingdom including 4 Bodyshop’s and accident repair centres. We are the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe with 30 franchise Locations. We have 14 ATF sites, able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on Commercial Vehicles.
Our Manufacturer partners are: DAF TRUCKS, ISUZU TRUCKS, RENAULT TRUCKS, VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, FORD, FIAT PROFESSIONAL and ISUZU PICK-UPS.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of Service and Parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and Fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for colleagues including a substantial Apprenticeship Programme which currently has over 100 apprentices in training.
Motus Commercials is a Division of Motus Group (UK) Ltd, is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 16,000 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Group (UK) Ltd manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 115 vehicle franchise outlets at 78 locations. Motus Group (UK) Ltd operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. Motus Group (UK) Ltd consists of 4 operating divisions which include Motus Commercials, Pentagon Motor Group, Motus Mercedes and Motus Vehicle Solutions. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its UK operations.
Motus Commercials is protected by trademarks and we do not consent to agencies/recruiters using the name and/or logo without explicitly instructed by us. Any agency/recruiter found to be using the Motus Commercials name and logo may find themselves subject to court proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent them from continuing the use of the name and/or logo, without receiving notice.